Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

When is garbage picked up?

Garbage pick up for all residents is on Wednesday of each week, garbage must be to the curb before 6am.

What garbage will be picked up?

Normal household garbage and it must be bagged or in cans. Normal garbage does not include rugs, furniture, ashes, building materials (wood, shingles, etc.), animal hides or remains from hunting and fishing. All pet waste MUST be bagged or it will not be picked up

What kind of garbage can do I need?

A Garbage Can will be provided by number to your residence.

When is the Rubble Site open?

One the first and third Saturdays of each month from 9am-noon from May 1st through October 31st. If you need to use the site from November 1st through April 30th, please call the Finance Office to make an appointment.

When is my water bill due?

On the 19th of the month, after the 19th the bill is considered late/delinquent. After the 19th there will be a $35 per month penalty.

Who provides law enforcement in Newell?

The Town of Newell has contracted police services through the Butte County Sheriff's Department. If you need assistance call dispatch at 892-2737, for an emergency dial 911.

How do I contact the public works department?

During business hours you can call the Finance Office at 456-2737. After business hours Foreman Larry Parker can be reached at 605-456-3919 for water or sewer emergencies.

Do I need to license my dog(s)?

Yes, and it will need to be renewed annually at the Finance Office.

How do I file an ordinance violation complaint?

Download and complete this Form and return it to the Finance Office.

How do I get my city services connected?

Download and complete this Form and return it to the Finance Office. A $150 deposit is required.

How do I get my water disconnected?

Download and complete this Form and return it to the Finance Office.

How do I get an item added to the Commissioner Meeting Agenda?

Download and complete this Form and return it to the Finance Office. This completed form must be submitted seven business days before the meeting to be placed on the agenda. You also must be present at the meeting for the item to be discussed at the meeting.



Employment Application

Request to be added to the Commissioner Meeting Agenda

Citizen Complaint Form

Request for Town Services (water, garbage pickup, sewer)

Water Turn Off Request Form

Building Permit Instructions

Building Permit Application

Building Permit Application for Manufactured Homes


Forms are in .PDF form. If you do not have a .PDF viewer installed, download a free .PDF reader/viewer by clicking here.




Still have a question? Submit it here!